Event Promotion Checklist for Chambers
Putting on an event is no small task. But no matter what type of event you’re organizing – a large expo, a small conference, a golf tournament, an educational seminar, or your chamber’s annual dinner, promotion is key.
Get more out of your event marketing with our guide, Before, During & After: The How-To Guide to Successful Event Promotions. It provides tips for:
- maximizing registrations and increasing attendance
- promotional messaging during the event
- post-event marketing
Section 1 Sneak Preview:
Planning and Goal Setting
- Define your purpose: Will people understand why the event is taking place? For example, are you raising money to meet a goal? Are you helping attendees earn education credits? Are you recruiting new members? Have a clear purpose and give participants a sense of urgency to attend.
- Target your audience: Before you set the date, send the first invitation, or post your first Tweet, identify exactly who you want to attend. Is it a members-only affair? Are non-members and/or families invited? Defining your audience will make it easier to create promotional messages and strategies for reaching potential attendees.
- Define the benefits of attending: Why should someone attend? Will there be informative speakers, live music, fun prizes, education credits, or networking opportunities? Make sure people know what they’ll get by attending.
- Make registration easy: Minimize steps to register and give crystal clear calls to action. And be sure to remind people with more detail along the way.
Get the guide for more tips on:
- Promotional tactics
- During the event
- Post-event marketing
Your chamber spends a lot of time (and money!) putting together in-person events – the last thing you want is an empty room. Tackle your next event with confidence with this blueprint for success. Happy planning!